Tuesday, May 21, 2024

The Big Adventure Commences

Time to dust off the travel gear! In addition to a new theme for the blog, I'm trying out a new way to post for this trip. No more schlepping my laptop from city to city; I'm typing this on a folding keyboard linked to my phone. If you can see this then it's working!
(Photo by Beth)

~~~~~

Last night I took a red eye from Boston, after a couple of days spent visiting friends and taking care of some business. Since the trip from California to Europe is so long, I've taken Ralph's excellent suggestion for both this trip and the previous one, and stopped on the East Coast first. I'm still jet-lagged, but not as badly as I otherwise would be. (Mostly I'm just tired; my Fitbit says I got 4 hours 6 minutes of sleep on the plane.)
Tonight I'm hanging out at Beth's, doing laundry and charging every electronic thing I brought with me. The four USB ports in the hub I carry with me are no longer enough to charge everything at the same time, so a little planning is required.

We made a trip to the grocery store before dinner. I love the meat cases in German groceries: so many different kinds of ham and sausage to choose from!

Beth prefers the produce section :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment