Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Granada In 7 Hours (and Cordoba In Less Than 1)

Today was what we have been referring to as “Edna’s Death March.” When we first started planning this trip, Ralph wanted to keep the itinerary manageable, so we only planned to visit Barcelona and Madrid. After delving into the guide book, I realized I really wanted to see the Alhambra, which is how we found ourselves meeting our Uber driver at the “Big Fun Museum” at 5:00 am. 

We caught a 7:00 am flight to Granada, dropped off our luggage at a storage place, and headed downtown. 



The Alcaiceria marketplace we did *not* visit. 


The Royal Chapel that we *did* visit, but weren’t allowed to photograph inside


— — —



Granada Cathedral


Giant music stand with giant sheet music



Next up was the reason for this detour, the Alhambra, and specifically the Nasrid Palace. Wow. The details were astounding: the carvings, the tiles, everything.













Doorways


A couple of photos from Generalife Palace (the sultan’s summer home):




We took a quick cab ride to the San Nicolas viewpoint in the Albayzin (the old Moorish quarter), but didn’t have time to walk around and explore.




I realized as we were waiting at the train station that I hadn’t remembered to get gelato  Fortunately there was a shop a block away  




We had to change trains in Cordoba, and since our second train was delayed, I went for a quick walk in the park.










  

No comments:

Post a Comment