This morning we flew to Lisbon, since I discovered during my trip planning that there is no direct train service between Madrid and Lisbon.
Today was set aside for walking around Lisbon, with no scheduled activities.
Daily gelato (mango & strawberry)
I was disappointed to find out a few weeks ago that the National Tile Museum is closed for renovations — I love colorful tiles, and there are so many here.
Sidewalk & plaza patterns
One of the things I’ve been looking forward to eating here is the pastel de natas. I first tried them last year at work (a Portuguese bakery has opened in San Francisco), but I’ve heard that they’re even better in their birthplace. Tonight I sampled a tart from the bakery nearest our hotel — very tasty, and better than the ones in SF (although that may be because the work ones have been sitting in their box for a while.
Pastel de nata (with cinnamon & sugar)













No comments:
Post a Comment